Saturday, December 13, 2008

Inspiration

Sometimes you just shouldn't ask questions. God has a plan for your day. I had to take my kids to school the other day because my wife had hurt her back. Mind you, we have five kids, four in school (a long story), all in kindergarten. It was raining. I had to be late for work. What a pain. I pulled into the school, struggled to get the kids out, wondering how my wife does this every day, and finally got them all fitted in their coats and backpacks and herded them to the front door. We walked into the school and down the hall to their respective rooms. "By daddy, they called out, and went on excitedly about their business, all except for Skyla. She's my free spirit. She's sort of in a world of her own. Everything is really great, or really terrible with her. She went into the room and didn't give me a second look. I turned around, disgusted with the whole process, already thinking about all of the things I needed to be doing at work, when as I walked away Skyla stuck her head out of the door and yelled out in front of every one, "I love you daddy!" The teacher looked at me and said "Awwww, that'll make your day." And make my day it did. I waived goodbye and smiled and went on to work understanding completely how blessed I am to have such a great family. More importantly, I walked into my own school realizing that I shouldn't complain about little things, and I shouldn't question God's plan. Inspiration is all around us. We just have to pay attention.

No comments: